[slime-devel] Problems with M-x slime-disconnect

Alexis Rondeau alexis.rondeau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:18:20 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I have been wanting to try out to connect to a running sbcl (0.9.5 on sarge)
lisp

In my console, I startup slime (which I got from cvs today) and create the
server:

* (swank:create-server)
;; Swank started at port: 4005.

4005

This works fine. In my emacs I hit M-x slime-connect and after providing
host and port, I am actually using the above started lisp. So far so good,
but now the actual problem arises. Once I hit M-x slime-disconnect in Emacs
I get the following error in my sbcl and cannot reconnect to the lisp:

* ;; Connection to Emacs lost.
;; [end of file on #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a constant string" {AC56161}>]

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "auto-flush-thread"
{AD822F1}>:
  #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a constant string" {AC5D1C1}> is closed.

I have been searching all over the internet for a solution because this way
I can not really work because I can only once connect to the lisp and not
again.

Can anyone give me a pointer on what I am doing wrong? I am totally stunned
because I seem to be the only one that has this problem :(

In any case, thank you for your help! Slime is working amazingly otherwise
just this feature is really important to me.

Alexis