[slime-devel] exited abnormally with code 256

John J Foerch jjfoerch at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 29 23:35:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

  Slime used to work for me, a couple months ago.  Then I didn't touch it
for a couple months and now when I «M-x slime» things load and compile for
a bit, then I get the message:

Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: exited abnormally with code 256

  I tried updating my copy of Slime to the current CVS version.  I tried
deleting the .fasl files in ~/.slime/fasl.  I am a total newb so I don't
know what else I can try.  Any suggestions?  My emacs is Gnu Emacs 21.3.
My lisp is SBCL 0.9.4.

-John J Foerch