[slime-devel] patchlets on buffering.

Fred Gilham gilham at csl.sri.com
Fri Nov 11 15:13:01 UTC 2005

> By default, the connection between the lisp and the slime repl is
> buffered. I would like to propose to have it unbuffered. on the
> grounds that if the user has a (format t ...), he/she probably wants
> the message to appear immediately on the screen :-)

Isn't the proper way to make the message appear immediately to use a
(force-output) or a (format t "....~%")?

Fred Gilham                                         gilham at csl.sri.com
The amazing thing is, back when I was a C++ programmer, I thought that
[Design Patterns] was SUCH a great book.  And I guess it was, in a
way: it made it possible to use C++ and get something done.  In the
long run, of course, that may have been a disservice... - Alain Picard