[slime-devel] Endless Loop in Lisp when ,loading twice

Stefan Kamphausen skampi at gmx.net
Fri Nov 4 09:22:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

currently I am experiencing a quite strange behaviour with slime and (I
think) clsql:

I had two lisp-files with def-view-class'es for two different databases,
plus some interface functions.  Everything worked fine.  However, I had to
merge the databases into different tables in one database and merrged the
two lisp-files, too.  Since then I two strange things happen:

1. First time I load the whole project (,l at the REPL) everything is fine
(except for repeated compilations of some files in clsql; I posted that to
clsql-help-list).  But when I try to do that again, the files get compiled
and then lisp goes into an endless loop, growing in memory as long as I say
sayoonara to the REPL.

2. When trying to go to a function defined in that file (M-.) I end up at
the previous defun in that file.

I use CVSHEAD slime, CMU Common Lisp CVS 19b 19b-release-20050628-3 +
minimal debian patches (19B), XEmacs 21.4 (patch 17) "Jumbo Shrimp" XEmacs
Lucid.

Can anyone give my any pointers what may be wrong here?

Regards and thanks,
Stefan