[slime-devel] (no subject)

Pascal J.Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Sun Sep 26 02:53:04 UTC 2004

In a Macintosh Programmer Workshop window:
    echo Hello Command-RETURN
inserts:
    Hello
in the window at the current position.

In a Smalltalk Workspace window:
    1 + 2 . A-d
inserts
    3
in the Workspace window at the current position.

In an emacs lisp source buffer:
    (insert "\nHello\n") C-u C-x C-e
inserts:
    Hello
    nil
in the current buffer at the point.

In a Common-Lisp source buffer with ilisp:
   (format t "~&Hello") C-z C-e
inserts:
    Hello
    NIL
in the current buffer at the point.

In a Common-Lisp source buffer with slime:
   (format t "~&Hello") C-x C-e
inserts nothing. Hides the result as soon as I type or move the mouse
(like for example try to copy-and-paste it from the mini buffer, and I
have to manipulate buffers, to reduce the size of my source, to hide
it entirely to show the whole output that has been sent in some other
buffer.  Why so much hatred?

I want both the output and the result of the function to be inserted
at the point!  How can that be done with slime?

neither do we.