[slime-devel] Using M-. for specialized methods

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com
Tue May 18 20:56:28 UTC 2004

When I use M-. on a defun or macro, I am taken to the source location.
However, when I use M-. on a method that has multiple implementations, I am
not getting taken to the source location correctly in every instance.
Instead, I get the following results (all tests are on Win2000):

LispWorks (works but not consistently): The "*XREF[definition: node-xform]
*" buffer is opened with a list of the different specialized methods. When
I positon the cursor on the correct method and press enter, I am taken to
the correct method definition. The "*XREF[definition: node-xform]*" buffer
remains open. If I then select another method implementation in the "
*XREF[definition: node-xform]*" buffer and press enter, nothing happens.
Either the "*XREF[definition: node-xform]*" buffer should be closed after
the first method is selected or the selection functionality should be still
active.

Allegro (never works): The "*XREF[definition: node-xform]*" buffer is
opened with a list of the different specialized methods. When I positon the
cursor on the correct method and press enter, I get the following error
message: "Unkown source location for (METHOD NODE-XFORM (T (EQL 'WORK)))"
despite the fact that there is such a method available.

CLISP (never works): I just get the following error message: "No source
information available for: XML-XFORM:NODE-XFORM".

--
Bill Clementson