[slime-devel] sb-aclrepl and slime

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue May 18 14:16:52 UTC 2004

Martin Elster <martin at 1103.org> writes:

> I haven't looked hard, but I couldn't find equivalents for :processes
> (list all processes), :signal (send a signal to process), :sh (run shell
> command), and :kill.

see slime-list-threads. it doesn't allow you to send arbitrary signals
to a thread, but you can kill it attach a repl to a thread or open a
debugger in a thread.

what should :sh return? of course, i'd just tell you to use eshell,
but i'm not that much of an emacs fascist yet.

> I also use the :cd <dir>, :pwd, :ld, and :cl commands all the time in
> Allegro and sbcl, and they have almost become second nature.

there are slime shortcuts for all of those, except :pwd, but for that
you can just do M-x pwd anyway.

speaking of which, there are two things i'd like to make customizable:
1) that damn animation when slime loads up and 2) the pwd in the repl
header bar (or whatever that line is called). any problems with this?
what should the customizable vars for controlling this be called?

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.