[slime-devel] Re: Backtrace verbosity

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sat May 1 16:44:30 UTC 2004

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi at gnus.org> writes:

> Point is placed on frame zero, which means that the real error is
> five lines below, and I find it annoying that I have to search
> visually down to it to get to it.  So I'd either suggest that frames
> 0-4 are hidden by default, or that (at least) the point is placed on
> line 5.

I added a find-top-frame function which skips all frames down to the
frame for invoke-debugger.  This is frame 4 in your example.  It is a
bit difficult to find the actual error frame, because we can be called
by an error like division-by-zero, by BREAK, or by INVOKE-DEBUGGER.
Feel free to invent a better heuristic.

Helmut.