[slime-devel] A possible bug in slime ...

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 29 09:05:31 UTC 2004

Ignas Mikalajunas <i.mikalajunas at mbt.lt> writes:

>    I am not absolutely sure yet i think that it is impossible to
> connect to a swank server running not on a "localhost". All of the
> functions that should be taking a host as a parameter are using
> "localhost" instead of host. Is it a feature or a bug ?

It's lazyness :-)

The SWANK port should be bound to the loopback device, for security
reasons.  "localhost" is usually the loopback device and with most
socket interfaces a bit easier to access.  It shouldn't be difficult
to add a host or ip argument to the current functions.  It's just not
done yet.

Helmut.