[slime-devel] NEWS

Brian Mastenbrook bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu
Wed Apr 28 17:12:07 UTC 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 12:07 PM, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> The idea is that each time we release^Wmove the FAIRLY-STABLE tag we
> can send the current NEWS section to the list and start a new section

Out of curiosity, why does there still seem to be no inclination to
release? I just had a good friend of mine doubt whether SLIME was
stable enough to use on the basis of it only being available via CVS.
Most open source projects would have a tarball up by now; not having
one is the exception and will lead people to think that we're in a
state such that it's not usable yet.

I know fetching from CVS is easy, but that's not the point here. The
fact that there has been no release yet send the wrong message, I
think.
--
Brian Mastenbrook
bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu