[slime-devel] Re: SLIME Edit Definition

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Apr 26 10:51:33 UTC 2004

Lynn Quam <quam at ai.sri.com> writes:

> Back in the "good old days" with (1mhz) Symbolics Lisp Machines and
> the ZWEI editor,  "buffer sectionization" did a pretty good job of
> keeping track of the source code locations.  This allowed top level
> white-space and modifications of function defintions to be made
> without losing track of the source code location.

How does that work?

> Are there any thoughts about makeing slime.el smarter about changes
> to the Lisp source code?

In the past we've talked about it at little over at -
http://lists.metacircles.com/pipermail/navel/2003-October/thread.html

The floor is open though. It's an important problem and so far we have
no solution. We have the added complication that source location
references are handled very differently between Lisp implementations.

-Luke