[slime-devel] Re: list-all-package-names, really all... :)

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:37:24 UTC 2004

Lawrence Mitchell <wence at gmx.li> writes:

> Edi Weitz wrote:
>
>> ;; is PACKAGE-NICKNAMES required to return a fresh list so we
>> ;; can use NCONC instead of APPEND?
>
> It's not explicitly stated, and the implementations I tested on
> don't so I think NCONC is out.

For SLIME patches I recommend using APPEND and generally endulging in
writing easy/fun/cute code without caring a hoot about efficiency
unless and until it's observably slow.

Be warned, I have a history of rewriting carefully optimised code to
be more cutely inefficient whenever the actual speed difference isn't
perceptible. Better to have the fun yourself :-)

Cheers,
Luke

P.S., I just got back from out of town and found more SLIME email than
work email. There're a shirtload of us these days, very cool!