[slime-devel] Installation Slime with OpenMCL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Apr 22 20:52:51 UTC 2004

On 22 Apr 2004 15:59:39 -0400, David Steuber <david at david-steuber.com> wrote:

> Why does common-lisp-hyperspec-symbol-table get set?

I introduced this when Xanalys changed the file names (I think when
they transitioned from 4 to 5) so the hard-coded mapping in
hyperspec.el didn't work anymore (or rather only for older
versions). With the help of the symbol table Emacs can figure out the
correct file names dynamically when hyperspec.el is loaded.

> Isn't that in the same place in copies of the hyperspec?

I don't know. Probably not. Try

  <http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Data/Map_Sym.txt>

> Would there be an advantage to me setting it?

No. If it works now than leave it as it is. Actually, when it's not
set Emacs should start several microseconds faster... :)

Cheers,
Edi.