[slime-devel] slime-regex-apropos?

Wolfgang Jenkner wjenkner at inode.at
Wed Apr 21 00:54:30 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> I think regex matching would be nice and consistent with Emacs' built
> in apropos.  IMO, it would be more natural if we could do the
> filtering on the Lisp side.  Perhaps we could include some of the
> lightweight regexp packages, like nregexp.  nregexp is only 500 lines
> and the code can't be worse than the stuff in metering.lisp.  Can find
> other uses for regexps as excuse to including it?

However, compiling at runtime the closures which do the regexp
matching seems to take a noticeable amount of time time on some
implementations.  At least, this is what I observed with Maxima's
DESCRIBE, which relies (via cl-info) on L. E. Freil's nregex (if this
is the package you were referring to).  I haven't done any profiling,
though.

Wolfgang