[slime-devel] Re: cmucl source-location and slime cvs problem

Raymond Toy rtoy at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 17 13:34:23 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Helmut" == Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

    Helmut> Thanks for the patch. I applied it.

Perhaps a nicer solution would be something like

 (defun resolve-file-source-location (location)
   (let ((filename (c::file-source-location-pathname location))
     (multiple-value-bind (tlf-number form-number)
         (decode-form-numbers (c::file-source-location-form-numbers location))
       ...))))

Then you can get rid of the *-tlf-number and *-form-number functions.

    Helmut> BTW, what do you think about recording the source location
    Helmut> for defvar, defparamater and defconst?  A simple way to do
    Helmut> it, would be to store the source location in the property
    Helmut> list, like so:

I must confess I haven't used the source-location stuff in slime at
all, except in the debugger.  But I've often wanted to know where
defvar's and such were defined and end up using grep to find it.

    Helmut> Perhaps there is a more GC friendly place than the
    Helmut> property list.  I haven't tried, but I hope that recording
    Helmut> the source location for variables doesn't need too much
    Helmut> space.

Your solution seems reasonable.

Ray