[slime-devel] Re: slime repl commands

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Tue Apr 6 17:59:16 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Christian Lynbech <christian.lynbech at ericsson.com> writes:
>
>> It may be nice to have a command that manipulates
>> *default-pathname-defaults* but I think that calling it `cd' will
>> confuse at least CMUCL users (for instance, `load' does not takes
>> its notion of CWD from *default-pathname-defaults*).
>
> True, this should be done via backend functions. We already have one
> for setting the default directory (which sets
> (ext:default-directory) in CMUCL), we just need a new one for
> reading it.

Doesn't the function for setting it keep *default-pathname-defaults*
in sync with whatever other notion the Lisp may have of the cwd? If
not, it probably should. And thus the read-cwd function can simply
return *d-p-d*. (Though we might want functions to resync the Lisp's
other notion cwd with *d-p-d* or vis versa in case they get out of
whack.)

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com