[slime-devel] SLIME

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Nov 27 00:55:17 UTC 2003

G'day ILISP hackers,

I should've written earlier to introduce our project called "SLIME" to
you guys. It's similar to ILISP, the main differences are that we use
a TCP socket to talk to Lisp and we generally try to imitate the Emacs
Lisp programming interface.

It started out a few months ago as a hack by Eric Marsden for
highlighting CMUCL's compiler warnings in Emacs buffers, but other
people started playing with it and now it's snowballed. The main page
is on Cliki at http://www.cliki.net/SLIME if you want to know more.

I'm not sure how all this relates to ILISP exactly, but I just wanted
to shoot you a note to say hello and invite you to play around with
it!

Cheers,
Luke