[slime-devel] mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops blocks SLIME REPL

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Fri Nov 14 17:16:19 UTC 2003

I use CMUCL 18e with GNU Emacs 20.7.2 and the latest SLIME CVS sources
under Debian Woody. If I evaluate this form in *slime-repl*:

  (mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops)

the cursor advances to []:

  CL-USER> (mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops)
  []

and *slime-repl* blocks, i.e it no longer accepts input. If I press
ENTER in *slime-repl*, I get this message in the minibuffer:

  Lisp is not ready for requests from REPL

Only *inferior-lisp* remains active.

Paolo