[slime-devel] SLIME/SBCL bug

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:48:19 UTC 2003

Raymond Wiker <Raymond.Wiker at fast.no> writes:

>         A few things:
>
>         1) How do I subscribe to slime-devel? I'm not sure that I have
> anything to contribute, but I like knowing what's going on :-)

You can subscribe to the mailing list via the web interface at
http://common-lisp.net/mailman/listinfo/slime-devel. Alternatively,
you can read via NNTP at news://news.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel

>         2) swank-sbcl does
>
>                 (require 'sb-bsd-sockets)
>  and
>                 (require 'sb-introspect)
>
>         These are asdf packages, and require won't be able to find
> them unless asdf itself is in the SBCL image; in other words, they
> should be preceded by
>
>                 (require 'asdf)

Apparently in more recent SBCLs ASDF will auto-load. Here's what
Christophe Rhodes said:

  http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2003-October/000033.html

(Actually, that was in reply to an earlier mail from you, but it seems
your address you fell off the CC-list.)

>         3) I've been seeing these errors (or something similar) for a few
> days now:
>
> : You have encountered a bug in SLIME.

We had a similar report recently:

  http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2003-November/000070.html

It seems you're running an older version of the Elisp code that the CL
backend that it talks to. Possibly there's an old byte-compiled
slime.elc being loaded instead of the latest code?

Cheers,
Luke