[s-xml-devel] S-XML problem

Noldus Reijnders n_reijnders at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 28 23:42:30 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use s-xml in my Lisp program (through quicklisp), but I'm running into two problems:

1) When I print xml like this:
(print-xml '(:p "Interesting stuff at " ((:a :href "http://slashdot.org") "SlashDot")))
I get:
#\>

Notice the "#/>" at the end, instead of "nil". This gives me trouble when trying to transform this back using parse-xml. Since it gives me this with the example code (from http://common-lisp.net/project/s-xml/), I guess it is something within s-xml (maybe quicklisps version?). Could you perhaps help me with this?

2) The second problem is that s-xml translates ampersands automatically into "&amp". However I use custom entities in my xml and so these get translated as follows:
"&custom;test" >> "&custom;test"
How can I circumvent this and make it output it as "&custom;test"? Can I escape the ampersand maybe?

Regards,

Noldus