[s-xml-devel] Release 5

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Sun Feb 6 19:01:56 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I made a 'new' release of S-XML (after some project housekeeping I made
a new tgz ;-).

There is now a ChangeLog:

        * release 5 (cvs tag RELEASE_5)
	* added :start and :end keywords to print-string-xml
	* fixed a bug: in a tag containing whitespace, like <foo> </foo> the
parser collapsed
	  and ingnored all whitespace and considered the tag to be empty!
           this is now fixed and a unit test has been added
	* cleaned up xml character escaping a bit: single quotes and all
normal whitespace
	  (newline, return and tab) is preserved a unit test for this has been
added
	* IE doesn't understand the ' XML entity, so I've commented that
out for now.
	  Also, using actual newlines for newlines is probably better than
using #xA,
	  which won't get any end of line conversion by the server or user
agent.

I tested this only on LispWorks 4.4 (Mac OS X) using plain ASDF.
Let me know if something is broken on some other platform.

Sven