[rucksack-devel] indexing issue?

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 1 20:50:51 UTC 2006

Cyrus Harmon wrote:

> but when the cycle is in a non-persistent class reachable from the
> persistent class, bad things happen (i.e. it hangs)

Yes, that's expected behavior. ;-)

With Rucksack, you can have as many cycles as you want in persistent
objects, but Rucksack won't attempt to detect cycles when serializing
objects that are 'outside Rucksack's control'.

The reason is that this is too expensive in general.  For circular
lists it's cheap and I suppose that could be added to Rucksack, but
I wouldn't want to add circularity detection for arbitrary data
structures.

Arthur