[regex-coach] Couple more minor feature suggestions

DJ delphitech at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 00:52:24 UTC 2009

Hi Regex-coach,

A couple more "minor" feature suggestions.

1) Step Tab

Add a "Previous step" button.

2) Step Tab

Add logging.

Perhaps a "Log" pane that could be saved, or at least cut/paste.

3) Help | Documentation

When I clicked Help | Documentation nothing occurred.

I thought it might just take the user to the web Quick Start Tutorial.

4) Step Tab

At some point I must have selected the regular expression in the Step
tab Regular expression pane at the bottom. When selected the
background is grey. When I then clicked on the "Next Step" button, the
helpful red background coloring wasn't appearing in the Step tab
Regular expression pane to indicate the regex position.

The same thing happens if the user (me :-)) selects the text in the
Step tab Target string pane. The yellow/grey coloring doesn't appear.
I might have used the mouse as I was thinking about things, and that
is when the selection occurred. I couldn't figure out why the
red/yellow/grey highlighting wasn't working :-) when I was clicking
the Start and Next buttons.

Maybe when the user clicks on the "Start" button remove all the
selections (i.e., the text background is white) in both Step panes.

Environment: Win/XP and Regex Coach 0.9.2

Thank you.