[regex-coach] Re: Windows Defender and Regex Coach?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Nov 25 10:36:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 02:41:40 -0500, "Eric Schmenk" <eschmenk at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> The vendor is Microsoft. Windows Defender is Microsoft's
> anti-spyware program. It is a component of Windows Vista and is
> available (and was heavily promoted by Microsoft) for Windows XP. I
> got the impression you were thinking the vendor was a tiny company
> with little influence. I don't think that's quite accurate.
>
> I think you (Edi Weitz) would have more leverage with Microsoft than
> any of the users.

Thanks for the info.  As you could read on the page I linked to in my
installer I'm using.  I hope enough other people are affected by this
to make Microsoft change their behaviour.  I don't have the time to
contact them now and, honestly, I don't want to.  I had two other
cases where they chose to simply ignore my messages, and I don't fancy
talking to companies like that.

Cheers,
Edi.