[regex-coach] regex not matching blank space after the beginning of the line?

Dharma Wolford dharmawolford at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 00:22:16 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

In the following examples the double-quotes are only included for
clarity, I'm not actually entering them into The Regex Coach.

Here are two regexes I'm trying:
#####################
"\A*7[0-9][0-9]"
"^*7[0-9][0-9]"
#####################

And these are lines of data I'm trying those against:
########################
" 758"
"  759"
"  760"
########################

Now what I'm expecting (and want) to happen is the leading blank
space(s) on the left of the numbers, as well as the three digit numbers
themselves, to be highlighted as a match.

What DOES happen with both regexes is that the three digit numbers are
highlighted, but not the leading blank spaces.

I'm using The Regex Coach v0.9.0
I have msvcr80.dll installed.
I don't have the old manifest file anymore.
I'm using Windows XP Pro, version 2002, SP2.

I'm a very beginner to regexes, but I think what I'm "expecting" to
happen is what should happen, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

dharma