[regex-coach] Apparent crash on complex regex in "Tree" tab

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Sep 7 17:51:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:19:08 +0300, era+regex=coach at iki.fi wrote:

> It's an improvement. Now, I get an error dialog with the following
> text:
>
>   [title: Message]
>
>   X ERROR
>     Display: #S(#:DIS)
>     Error: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
>     Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)
>
>              [OK]
>
> The same message (with "Quitting" prepended) is also printed on
> standard output (still not standard error) when I click OK. I still
> have to "killall regex-coach" from another window to terminate it,
> even though it prints "./regex-coach : Interrupted - quitting" on
> the last line of output when I press ctrl-C to "really" quit.
>
> It would of course be helpful if it could indicate which font it
> wants ... but I guess this too may be a feature of LispWorks and not
> in your code actually. (Any X masochists around who could tell how
> to find out which font is being requestd with some X tool?)

I've uploaded an image with debugging information (about 10MB) to the
same address:

  <http://weitz.de/files/regex-coach.bz2>

You /might/ get a more informative error message with that one.

As to why the application doesn't quit when it should - that's another
question.  Again, I haven't seen that before.  Ubuntu seems to be a
bit strange.  I'm using Debian and I thought they were pretty similar
but obviously they aren't.

Thanks for testing,
Edi.