[regex-coach] Apparent crash on complex regex in "Tree" tab

era+regex=coach at iki.fi era+regex=coach at iki.fi
Fri Sep 2 12:51:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:10:47 +0200, "Edi Weitz" <edi at agharta.de> said:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:30:12 +0300, era+regex=coach at iki.fi wrote:
> > This is on Ubuntu Linux 5.04, using whatever version was on your
> > site the day before yesterday in the Linux tarball. It doesn't
> > appear to understand the --version switch
>
> No, the switch isn't advertised either.

Consider this a feature request then.

> FWIW, I can't reproduce the problem on a Debian testing system either.
> Actually, from your error output it looks like some kind of "this is
> not supposed to happen" thingy which I guess is buried within the
> internals of the GUI toolkit.  Maybe switching to another
> OpenMotif/Lesstif version will help.

I'm afraid that experimenting with libraries on my production system is
not an option for me at the moment. If somebody could see if they can at
least repro this with the Ubuntu 5.04 Live CD, that would be helpful.

/* era */

--
If this were a real .signature, it would suck less.  Well, maybe not.