[regex-coach] Re: Bug report, Powergrep/Regex Coach

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed May 19 08:09:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 07:35:22 -0700, "Thomas-Paz Hartman" <thomaspazhartman at fastmail.fm> wrote:

>   1) HM, looks like powergrep took my advice to take a page out of
>   your book,
>
> have you seen their new "regex buddy" product?

Not yet. Just looked at it and it seems to be nice. You have to pay
for it, though... :)

>   2) I have a Regex Coach bug report, I think fairly serious... see
>   attached

I don't know if this is "serious" because nobody has reported it yet
but the new release 0.6.7 fixes this.

I couldn't reproduce the crash you mentioned. If you could describe a
reproducible way to crash the program that'd be very helpful.

As for certain characters like the EUR symbol: I could fix this but
they'd still be rendered as black boxes due to limitations in the CAPI
toolkit I use. I don't think it's worth it.

> file with description and screenshots.

Thanks for the report. Please send further bug reports to the mailing
list and don't send 12 MB of data the next time... :)

Cheers,
Edi.