[regex-coach] Re: about Regex Coach

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Aug 12 10:03:05 UTC 2004

Hi Eugene!

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:08:01 +0400, Eugeny.Sattler at RU.NESTLE.com wrote:

> 1) I have discovered that \w does not match with russian characters
> on my russian winNT.
>
> \w should take locale settings into account , shouldn't it?
>
> character class like [firstRussianLetter-LastRussianLetter] does work
>
> 2) I have discovered that I can not turn off case sensitivity using
> construction like (?-i)regex_here

Regex Coach doesn't work well with Eastern European character sets -
see:

  <http://weitz.de/regex-coach/#bugs>

This is something I can't fix, sorry.

> My version is 0.5.2

The current version is 0.6.7, you should upgrade. (That won't help
with your problems, though.)

Cheers,
Edi.

PS: Please use the mailing list for bug reports,