[rdnzl-devel] Generic Methods

Brian Connoy BConnoy at morrisonhershfield.com
Tue Nov 1 16:17:42 UTC 2011

Hi list,

Unfortunately I know too little about the underlying substrates here, to guarantee an intelligible question(!)

Some years back, Iver Kvello developed a RDNZL patch for Generic Types (in the thread titled "Patch for generic types in RDZNL").  However in his offering he notes that Generic Methods are particularly problematic and are not covered by the patch.

I seem to be stopped cold on this very point.  There is a redistributable for Microsoft SharePoint (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21786) that I need to work with and RDNZL came to mind.

There's just two Assemblies.  My first exploration took me to the "ClientContext" class, where RDNZL will successfully call 'normal' properties and methods - excepting methods such as "Load<T>".

Iver suggested a workaround, which I'm naively fiddling with at the moment.  Any of you experienced RDNZL'ers have sage advice to offer?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Connoy