[rdnzl-devel] clisp threads and callbacks

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Aug 27 21:33:13 UTC 2009

I don't recall the details right now, maybe you'll find more info in
the mailing list archives.  I don't think the problem was simultaneous
access, though.  I think the problem rather was that the .NET runtime
might call back into Lisp from a thread which was "foreign" to the
Lisp runtime in the sense that Lisp didn't start the thread and didn't
know about it.

You should probably talk to Vasilis Margioulas (don't know if he's
still on the list).

I'd be happy if RDNZL worked with CLISP, but I won't be able to help
you right now.  I haven't used RDNZL myself for years and I didn't
keep track of .NET changes.  I'm not even sure if RDNZL works with the
latest version of the runtime.

I hope other list subscribers can be more helpful.

Cheers,
Edi.