[rdnzl-devel] RE: Problem/crash with RDNZL under ECL

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Sep 26 14:33:50 UTC 2006

> > In my case, I can easily reproduce it by running my LISP into the
> > Visual Studio debugger and run the apropos example.  On exit, I'm
> > warned by the debugger about the access violation. Note
> that if I run
> > the LISP outside the debugger, I'm not notified at all.
>
> I just tried with VS 2003.  I started LispWorks 5.0, then
> attached the VS debugger to LW, then loaded RDNZL, then
> loaded and ran the apropos example.  Finally, I quit
> LispWorks.  I didn't get any messages, though.  Maybe this
> only happens with .NET 2.0?  Or is it specific to ECL?  Or do
> I have to do something else?  I'm not familiar with the VS debugger.
>
> Nevertheless, it's pretty disturbing that DelegateAdapter
> objects are /never/ released... :(

I don't know if this specific to .NET 2.0. There are so many different
parameters, it's difficult to tell. Can you trace whether your .NET
objects referenced in LISP get collected or not? In the case of the
apropos example, it appears that the KeyPressEventHandler object never
got collected in the LISP world.

Michael.