[rdnzl-devel] Re: FW: Problem loading load.lisp in ACL 7.0

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Sep 21 22:14:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:08:37 -0600, "Tuttle, Andrew" <ATuttle at p2es.com> wrote:

> I tried to send this to the mailing list, but it said I'm not
> allowed to do that :-)

You have to be subscribed to send messages to the list - like with
almost every other mailing list.

> Do you have any suggestions?

Subscribe... :)

Seriously, I have the mailing list on Cc, but you probably won't see
the replies unless you are subscribed.

Not me, but I don't have ACL7 anymore.  Can't you use ACL8?

> I noticed from the change log file that there may have been a recent
> change made to that function involving "STA"?

Yeah.  I wonder how this could affect AllegroCL, though.

> I have RDNZL.dll in the Allegro directory, and it appears to load
> fine.  It's only when the import file comes along that the crash
> happens.

It might be that AllegroCL only really loads the DLL when it comes
across the first FFI call.

Are you sure you have the newest version of the DLL (from RDNZL
0.10.6) in the Allegro directory?  Do you have the same problems if
you use the old DLL?

> I do have VC#.Net 2005 Express edition on my machine. I haven't
> recompiled the DLL; I'm just mentioning that in the off chance that
> the presence of .Net 2.0 could be relevant troubleshooting info.

Both versions of .NET should be able to co-exist peacefully.  I have
VS 2005 on my machine but I still use the DLL compiled with VS 2003
without problems.

Cheers,
Edi.