[rdnzl-devel] Generic types and default thread apartment

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Sep 14 08:32:03 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:25:07 +0200, "Goffioul Michael" <goffioul at imec.be> wrote:

> 1) does RDNZL support generic types? If yes, how do I create such an
> object using RDNZL syntax?

This is something that was introduced in .NET 2.0, right?  No, no
support yet, I haven't even thought about it.  You're welcome to
supply patches, I probably won't find the time to look into this in
the near future.

> 2) from a GUI perpective, it would be better to set the apartment
> state of the RDNZL.dll assembly to STA, otherwise various components
> do not work properly; is there a reason to not do it?

I have to admit that I don't even know what the apartment state of a
DLL is.  Could you tell me what it's for and how I change it?  And
what doesn't work if the state is as it is now?

Thanks,
Edi.