[rdnzl-devel] RE: rdnzl-devel Digest, Vol 1, Issue 6

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Dec 25 18:06:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:22:55 -0600, "Francisco Rivera" <jfrivera56 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, below is the code. The first time, I open the code into
> the Editor and use Buffer --> Compile and all works fine. Later I go
> to the listener and write some forms like (calculador) or
> (descripcion-forma *f*).
>
> Later, I make some change on the Editor. For example, in
>
> (let ()
>   (defun clicked (&rest args)
>     (declare (ignore args))))
>
> the clicked function is not calling to message-box function
>
> After make the correction I recompile the buffer and LW 4.3.7 crash.
> However, sometimes I only recompile the specific form, but the LW
> 4.3.7 crash too.
>
> The code is only for learn to use RNDZL:
>
> (load "C:/Program Files/Xanalys/LispWorks Personal/RDNZL-0.4.4/load.lisp")

This is the culprit - you're loading RDNZL anew each time you compile
your buffer.  That's not a good idea because this process
re-initializes the library.  I can reproduce the crash but I don't see
crashes if I remove this LOAD form and load RDNZL only once at
startup.

Please try and report if LW still crashes for you if you don't load
RDNZL with each recompilation.

Cheers,
Edi.