[postmodern-devel] Postmodern and Windows

Daniel Brunner daniel at dbrunner.de
Tue Mar 13 13:36:25 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have flipped through the mailing list's archive but did not find a
solution:

Is Postmodern known to run under Windows?

I have several PCs with Windows (XP and 7) where I use Clozure CL but
Postmodern is not working. My setup:

- Windows XP or Windows 7 (32 Bit)
- The database is local (9.1.3) or via the network (8.4).
- I use the newest Postmodern via the March distribution of Quicklisp
- I user Clozure CL version 1.7

I can do a CONNECT-TOPLEVEL and with the pgadmin3 tool I can see the
connection. But after a simple query like (QUERY "select 10") I get an
error:

--8<--
Database error: on #<BASIC-TCP-STREAM: CLOSED #xCB1E1BE>:
Das Geraet erkennt den Befehl nicht.   (error #22) during write
  [Condition of type CL-POSTGRES:DATABASE-SOCKE-ERROR
--8<--

The "Das Geraet erkennt den Befehl nicht" would be something like "The
device doesn't recognise the command." in English. I do not have the
original error message at hand.

In the PostgreSQL-Log I see the message "ungueltige Message-Laenge".
That would be something like "invalid message length".

Am I doing something wrong? Wrong configuration? Encoding issue? I have
no idea how to fix that problem.

Kind regards, Daniel.