[postmodern-devel] simple-date:day-of-week doc mismatch?

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 12:15:30 UTC 2010

Hey Daniel,

> DB> (make-date nil nil nil)
> #<DATE 30-03-2010>
> DB> (day-of-week *)
> 1

I was puzzled for a bit because make-date isn't in the simple-date
library. But it did indeed contain that bug -- it always returned the
correct answer minus one. That goes to show that in all these years,
no one has actually used that function. I've pushed a fix to the (new,
git) repository, but if you want a more well-designed and well-tested
date library, I'd suggest local-time [1], the latest release even has
cl-postgres glue included (src/integration/cl-postgres.lisp).

Best,
Marijn

[1]: http://common-lisp.net/project/local-time/