[postmodern-devel] Exlcuding slots dao-save

Phil Marneweck zaries at global.co.za
Mon Oct 26 07:51:27 UTC 2009

I have test cases but I need to clean them up and I want to just have
one last look (most of it as done late last night and code looks
different in the morening ;)) before I mail it to you.

One issue I have is that if you make a new instance of a dao and the
record alread exist in the db and you run save on this the record the
update is done correctly. It does not however populate the oid in an
update only in an insert. I am not sure whether this is postmodern's
problem or the users.

For me it is in a sense the user/programmer problem. However letting
postmodern protect itself against such would keep the is this a bug or
feature mails on the mailing list down to a minumum.

The only other time that I can think of that this could become an issue
is if the user has triggers on the table that change data before it goes
into the db. Then updating the object after a an update would be
essential but then you cant just check for unbound slots you have to
check all the fields.