[postmodern-devel] character encoding

Roman Budzianowski superdog at budzianowski.net
Thu Sep 11 18:18:01 UTC 2008

Marijn,

I tried setting cl-postgres-system:*unicode* to nil and reloading. It
works!

I notice a non-ascii char: the registered sign. The database is in
SQL_ASCII encoding, but it contains non ascii chars.
Somehow psql in unicode mode deals with it, but trivial-utf-8 doesn't.

So, it doesn't have anything to do with postmodern. However, maybe it
would be useful to be able to set
encoding mode per connection? Any other suggestions?

It seems that this is a not uncommon case.

Roman

CL-USER> (pomo:query "SELECT item_description FROM web_source_items
WHERE (id = 22225)")
(("<br>The Aeroneb® Go Micropump Nebulizer is a fast, efficient,
simple-to-use device developed for the millions of patients worldwide
who require respiratory therapy in and away from home, and eliminates
many of the problems associated with current methods of ......
and water, and disinfected (if desired)."))