[postmodern-devel] darcs patch: Correct rational (double-float) formatting

Arjan Wekking arjan at streamtech.nl
Mon Jul 28 07:47:55 UTC 2008

On 25 jul 2008, at 17:14, Marijn Haverbeke wrote:

>> The modified control string in this patch ("~,,,,,,'EE")
>
> Well. that has to be the freakiest format string I've seen all week.
> Thanks for the patch, it has been applied.

Thanks, sorry for the rather blunt way my patch got send with Darcs;
I'm still trying to get a grip on how it sends patches through e-mail
(like; trying add a custom subject and/or introduction). Another idea
I had was to simply represent rationals as a division (something like
"(1/123::float)" but I'm not sure whether this has any precision loss
or other disadvantages.

-Arjan