[postmodern-devel] Possible bug/Lispworks incompatibility on function type discriminator

Matt.Lamari matt.lamari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 05:56:05 UTC 2008

Found in 1.03, and it's still in 1.05:

File protocol.lisp

Look for the line:

(funcall (the (function (stream (unsigned-byte 32)) t) (field-interpreter
field))

Lispworks (5.02 Win32 in my test; but nothing win32-specific here) complains
of inability to use a call signature function specifier.  I.e. I think you
can say (the function f) but not (the (function integer) f).  I believe
specifying a function to this degree is unsupported in lispworks.  I could
be wrong; but this stops doquery from working, and when I change the code to
a "straight" function call (no "the") it works.

IMHO this may warrant some #+Lispworks (If omission is inherent to LW) or
#+SBCL (if this is a SBCL feature) blocks here. . .

Let me know how I can be of assistance in submitting or testing code that
can remove this issue from future releases.

Matt