[postmodern-devel] Bug in :limit, patch for s-sql.lisp

Vamsee Kanakala vamlists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 08:00:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

Looks like :limit works only partly - according to the documentation,
"It limits the number of results to the amount given as the second
argument, or when three arguments are given it returns the results
between the two given numbers". However, if I give the 3rd value, say
like this:

(query (:limit (:order-by (:select 'id 'name :from 'cities) 'name) 10 20))

I get an error like this:

Database error 42601: LIMIT #,# syntax is not supported
Use separate LIMIT and OFFSET clauses.
Query: (((SELECT id, name FROM cities) ORDER BY name) LIMIT 10, 20)

Looks like :offset is not implemented yet. I have attached a patch to
fix these issues, kindly let me know the preferred way of sending
patches (I used darcs diff --unified) so that I can help out where I can.

Thanks much,
Vamsee.