[postmodern-devel] Micro-optimizing SQL-ESCAPE-STRING, ESCAPE-BYTES

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 19:37:31 UTC 2007

Hahah, 91 seconds is definitely bad -- postgres' binary-data escaping
method is pretty stupid, and I implemented that encoder more or less
as an afterthought. The performance improvement of your code is
impressive... but it is indeed hideous. I'll look into this in the
next few days, I'm still hoping I can find a middle ground --
something that performs decently but does not require four screenfuls
of c code ;)

Cheers,
Marijn