[postmodern-devel] postmodern, pg, cl-rdbms

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 18:16:46 UTC 2007

> So, let me know what you think.

sorry for being quiet, i promise to write a more detailed answer later.

until then a few quick toughts:
 - i didn't know it's you Marijn (hint for the website :)
 - cl-rdbms is only 7 weeks old... :)
 - unfortunately i doubt there will be any docs for cl-rdbms. we
belive that the code must be written so that it's self documenting (by
using long names without abbreviations, factor out everything
feasible, etc) with an easy-to-play-with test suite that
covers/demonstrates all the features.
 - the multi backend stuff is only a theoretical framework with a
single pg backend for now. it's only based on our previous programming
experience, so until the second backend is made...
 - after a first impression i like many things in postmodern
 - i'm also open for merging and in no way want to assimilate
postmodern without you being involved
 - not too much time here either (the rewrite of clsql was a sacrifice
itself that didn't worth it in the short term. let's hope there'll be
a long-term... :)
 - the ucw ajax branch was an experiment of mine and i'm not
especially proud of the internal code quality. (ucw is basically a
repo of random web-related features with more connections between them
than necessary, but hopefully Drew's cleanup will handle that)

happy new year, i'll be back later

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)