[postmodern-devel] Error while loading communicate.lisp

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:11:11 UTC 2007

Hi Jens,

> **++++ Error in CL-POSTGRES::WRITE-ASCII-STRING:
>   Unknown LOOP keyword in (... CHARACTER :ACROSS STRING :DO (WRITE-BYTE
>                                                              (CHAR-CODE CHAR)
>                                                              STREAM)).
> Maybe missing OF-TYPE loop keyword.

Indeed, I left out the :of-type -- in fact, I didn't even know there
was such a thing. I pushed a patch which, unless I missed one, adds
the :of-type to all type declarations in loops. Could you get the code
from the repository and try again? You are probably the first one to
try Postmodern on Lispworks, so I'm interested how it goes -- let me
know if there are any more errors, and especially let me know if it
works.

Cheers,
Marijn