[pg-devel] Escaping SQL.

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Fri Sep 15 20:52:51 UTC 2006

>>>>> "ee" == Erik Enge <erik.enge at gmail.com> writes:

  ee> I can't find any SQL escape function in the pg source code nor can I
  ee> really find any mention of anyone needing such a function.  Does this
  ee> mean that most are using PG-BIND, are rolling their own, or that I
  ee> have missed something really obvious?

  I wrote an incomplete escaping function for a previous incarnation
  of pg-dot-lisp, that was written for scsh. I think it would be
  useful to have one for pg-dot-lisp.

  ee> I wrote a small library which interfaces with libpq's PQescapeString()
  ee> function and does all the proper escaping for me.  I guess I'm asking
  ee> if you want that as a patch (perhaps not, since it requires the .so)
  ee> or would there be interest in my sharing this as a separate library?

  I would much prefer to keep the core of pg-dot-lisp independent of
  libpq.so. Having this available as an extra file in CVS would be
  fine, though (or it should be pretty easy to implement the escaping
  in CL ...).

--
Eric Marsden