Classes, updating parenscript

Monstara monstara at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:34:27 UTC 2023

Hi,

there could be a discussion whether to "modernize" parenscript, since
ECMAScript moves faster than is customary in Lisp.
I have started studying and playing with the parenscript code, and I am
interested in adding some newer ECMA features.

First off, let me say that I was unable to call (super) inside a
constructor, the way paren6 works (since the prototype is explicitly set
after the class function is declared). Therefore I feel it would be better
if the compiler itself supports js classes.
Once I get better acquainted with the compiler, would there be an interest
in other ECMA features being added? I don't know, maybe async? Or something
else. I'm open to suggestions.
I have started a prototype of classes already, but I've yet to learn.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mois