[parenscript-devel] How to generate comments?

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 16:12:17 UTC 2010

Hi Bastian,

That patch is indeed the right way to make a comment special form.
This wasn't around before because no one had asked for it - I think
most users of Parenscript generate JS code for their web applications,
and use the code mainly from Lisp.

Are you making a library? If so, are you looking to document
particular functions, or insert inline comments in arbitrary places?
If it's the functions, then it might make sense for me to add optional
output of function and variable docstrings to JS comments; that would
spare the need for a new special form and syntax for comments.

As for arbitrary JS code, if there is a case where there is some JS
code that you need that cannot be generated by Parenscript, it should
be considered a bug in Parenscript.

Vladimir