Packaging an app that uses osicat with asdf:make

Jason McBrayer jmcbray at carcosa.net
Sat Jun 29 01:08:15 UTC 2019

Luís Oliveira writes:
> 1. Use ASDF's static-image-op, which can statically link osicat's
> helper library into the SBCL executable.

Thanks! I didn't know about this, and this would have been my preferred
choice. Unfortunately, my distribution's SBCL is not built with support
for linkable runtime. Oh well.

> If you add that directory within .cache where libosicat.so lives to
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or similar) before compiling your application, CFFI
> might be able to load the library by name and this might solve your
> problem.

This worked. Thank you very much.

--
Jason McBrayer      | “Strange is the night where black stars rise,
jmcbray at carcosa.net | and strange moons circle through the skies,