[movitz-devel] Introduction

Shawn Betts sabetts at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:04:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Ram Vedam<rvedam at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree a list of what needs to be implemented in order to get development
> within the system would definitely help. It will definitely prioritize my
> code exploration...

File system support is the big one. If you could read and write files
you could have movitz load code on boot up (even if its just
interpreted since the compiler isn't ported yet) and save your changes
to a file.

A pathnames implementation.

lisp stream functions including with-open-file, write, etc.

Next you'd need an IDE of some kind. My CL clone of gnu emacs, LiCE,
was at one point working on movitz and could be made to again. With
all that in place you could hobble along inside movitz and hack the
good hack.

At that point you could interactively fart around with hardware but
the Next Big Milestone, I think, would be porting the compiler to
movitz. You'd only truely be bootstrapped if you could build new
movitz kernels from movitz.

-Shawn